Now I’m not talking about going “gangsta” on your prospects by threatening them. I’m talking about having Posture so that you’re prospects will feel that you don’t need them. Let’s see how this mindset can stir up curiosity among your prospects.
“Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ~ Lao Tzu
All of us have these different desires that we want to fulfill.
We want to be able to really build our home businesses, and build our businesses strong. And what do we end up becoming?
Well a lot of us end up becoming desperate and our prospects can feel that. When they’re able to feel that, it repels them.
We chase and chase and end up not getting anywhere with our home businesses. But what we end up doing is get frustrated.
Why won’t these people want to look at our businesses?
Well, people are funny, and if they feel they have control over you, they can string you along. But what if you can flip that around? What if they get the feeling that you don’t need them?
Believe it or not, if you were to figure out what they want, show it to them, and then inform them that they have to meet some type of qualifications or else they won’t get it, they will be little more willing and eager to try to get it.
This is where “intimidation” becomes useful. If you can give them a fear of “loss”, then they will be the one’s that will be chasing you. This is all a part of having Posture in your business.
The 5 ways of intimidation is what I got from Dan S. Kennedy’s book “The Ultimate Sales Letter” which talks about writing sales copy. In email marketing these 5 tips will definitely conjure interest amongst your list:
- Limited Number Available – People who sell Mints, rare collectibles and coins use this strategy to draw in eager customers. So many customers will fear that they won’t get what they want in time so they’ll buy your product before you run out.
- Most Will Buy – This is sometimes called “The Bandwagon Effect”. Most people do not want to be a “square” and want to be in on the action. This creates the feeling in people that a trend is developing and if they want to be “cool” then they need to get involved before it’s yesterday’s news
- You Will Buy Only If – This creates the feeling of importance or uniqueness in individuals who purchase the product. When this strategy is used, your customers or prospects will feel as though they’re part of an elite group.
- You Can Buy Only If – Your clients or prospects have to meet a criteria to be able to purchase if you use this strategy. A great example of this is when you apply to go to a university or trade school You have to meet some qualifications in order to be in the educational program being offered.
- Only Some Can Qualify – Similar to 3 and 4 where you have to go through an “application process” and meet some qualifications This appeals to the types of people that are looking for prestige and recognition. A great example would be someone who is applying to get a Platinum Credit Card.
These different approaches require that you have a lot of posture. If you’re prospecting or selling, by the fact that you’re showing the products and/or services you offer that appeals to the eyes or your customers or prospects, this creates a strong desire to have them. But by you showing them that you don’t care if they invest or not, and use these 5 “Take Away” strategies, they will end up selling you on why they want it and if they can work out a “deal” on how they can get it. This post is an extension to a previous blog post called Asking Qualifying Questions So Your Prospects Convince You
Now It’s Your Turn!
How have you drawn interest in your prospects? Do you use the “Take-away” strategy on them? If so, how well has it worked out? Please leave your comments and share this post with your friends. I look forward to reading them!
Struggling with your home business? Are you confused about how to really market it? Many of you are left in the dark and I like to bring light to you. I like to introduce to you a step-by-step simple formula that has been working for me.
to Get Access to the Free 29 Minute Video
Follow Me On Twitter – Follow Sherman Here
Join My Facebook Fan Page – Sherman’s Fan Page
Want To Work With Me? – Click Here to see how